BERMUDA: MONEY/ BUSINESS GUIDE
Bank of Bermuda Ltd. Bank of Butterfield Ltd. Bermuda Commercial Bank Ltd.
Bank of Bermuda Ltd.:
- Monday 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Tuesday - Thur: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
Bank of Butterfield Ltd.:
- Monday - Thur: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM.
- Friday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Bermuda Commercial Bank Ltd:
- Monday - Thur: 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
0900 - 1700 except Sundays and holidays. Most stores are open on Saturday.
- September 2: Labour Day.
- November 11: Remembrance Day.
- December 25: Christmas Day.
- December 26: Boxing Day.
Men wear jacket and tie, Bermuda shorts and knee length socks.
The Bermuda dollar is on par with U.S. dollar. Traveler's checks are accepted everywhere. Credit cards (i.e., MasterCard, Visa and American Express) are accepted at virtually every store, restaurant and hotel, and may be used for cash advances at all local bank branches. In addition, the Bank of Bermuda and the bank of Butterfield Ltd. provide ATMs located island-wide from Master Card, Visa, Cirrus and Plus cash advances, most of which are available 24 hours a day. Personal checks drawn on US banks may be used for purchases at over 200 establishments on the island. These include hotels, gas stations, liquor stores, restaurants and retail shops.
TAXES & SERVICE CHARGES:
- Passenger Tax - Air Passengers $25 (those in direct transit and children under 2 years exempt), is included with the airfare and collected in advance along with the ticket.
- Ship passengers $60 (children under 2 years exempt).
- Hotel Occupancy Tax - 7.25%.
- Hotel Service Charge/Gratuity - 15%.
More . . .
The Bermuda islands, with pretty pastel buildings, the lush flowered landscape, clear blue waters and powdery sand beaches, sit just 600...
(BDA) Bermuda International Airport....
Restaurants available - Local. Gourmet. Indian. Italian. French. Japanese. Chinese. Mexican. British. North American. Usual tipping...
Bermuda Department of Tourism, Hamilton: +1 441 292 0023
Embassy of the United Kingdom, Washington DC,...
Bermuda is about 1046 kms east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. The Gulf Stream which flows between Bermuda and the North...