BERMUDA: WHAT TO SEE AND DO
Restaurants available - Local. Gourmet. Indian. Italian. French. Japanese. Chinese. Mexican. British. North American. Usual tipping practice is 15%.
Entertainment available includes:
- Dance Clubs.
- Live music.
Locally produced items available include - Paintings. Bermuda cedarwood. Jewelry. Pottery. Hand-blown glass. Perfume. Bermuda is not a duty free port. However a wide range of luxury goods are available.
- The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo.
- The Crystal Caves of Bermuda.
- Bermuda Maritime Museum.
- Fort St. Catherine.
- Gibbs Hill Lighthouse.
- Fort Scaur.
- Town of St. George.
- Bermuda Perfumery.
- Somerset Bridge.
- Royal Naval Dockyard.
- Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.
- Dolphin Quest.
- City of Hamilton.
- Bermuda National Trust Museums.
- Carter House.
- Bermuda Brewing Company.
- Ballroom dancing.
- Country & Western Dancing.
- Deep sea fishing.
- Horseback riding.
- Scuba diving.
- Cycle Racing.
- Power-boat racing.
- Sailing Races.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- January 6: Princess to Princess 7.2 mile Running Race.
- January 15 - March 2: Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts 2002.
- January 18-20: Bermuda International Race Weekend.
- January 26-February 3: Annual Regional Bridge Tournament.
- January 31, February 1-3: Bermuda International Open Chess Tournament.
- February 2-7: 4th Annual Seniors Golf Tournament.
- February 7-12: 5th Annual Couples Tournament (Golf).
- February 14: Spittal Pond Children’s Nature Walk.
- February 15-18: Bermuda Rendezvous Bowling Tournament (ABC/WIBC Sanctioned).
- March 4-10: 5th Annual Ladies Pro-Am Golf Classic.
- March 7-10: CBC Mother/Daughter, Father/Son USTA Sanctioned Invitation Tournament (Tennis).
- March 11-17: CBC Super Senior USTA Sanctioned Invitational Tournament (Tennis).
- March 15&16: An Evening of Jazz.
Driving is on the left hand side of the road. Rentals available include - motor scooters and pedal cycles. There are no cars for rent. Local services - Taxi. Bus. Mini-Bus Services. Ferry. Tours by taxi or bus available by arrangement. Sightseeing - per hour $30; By taxi meter per ml - first mile $4.80, each additional ml $1.68. 25% surcharge added between 2400 and 0600, Sundays and Public Holidays.
More . . .
The Bermuda islands, with pretty pastel buildings, the lush flowered landscape, clear blue waters and powdery sand beaches, sit just 600...
(BDA) Bermuda International Airport....
Bank of Bermuda Ltd. Bank of Butterfield Ltd. Bermuda Commercial Bank Ltd.
Bank of Bermuda Ltd.:
Monday 9:30 AM to 4...
Bermuda Department of Tourism, Hamilton: +1 441 292 0023
Embassy of the United Kingdom, Washington DC,...
Bermuda is about 1046 kms east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. The Gulf Stream which flows between Bermuda and the North...